Sunday 4 January 2015

Welcome to auto grind

Welcome to playstation auto grind where you can pick up techniques to grind out some trophies. It took me a bit of time to pull this together and I thought it was worth sharing so others can benefit and possibly improve on this technique. 

 TL;DR - read What you need and Setup before downloading the Macros.


manual auto grind
before - manual


It all started when I was trying to get the Expert Manager trophy for Gran Turismo 5 (on PS3) and looking ahead to the Car Collector trophy. For the Expert Manager I was able to cobble together a USB keyboard and oscillating fan after reading forums to get through but I thought there must be a better way as those "tools" were not going to get me 1,000 cars in my garage for Car Collector! It sounded like something my phone should be able to do. A colleague suggested an arduino faking a USB keyboard but I can't solder. After a lot of research I found BlueputDroid and HiroMacro which can fake a controller and automate android respectively. After a lot more tinkering got a phone able to run it (Android 4.1.x or lower - see what you need for details). This started a journey programming and debugging and debugging the HiroMacro scripts to automate the grinding. This was quite fun and was the most programming I'd done for some time.  

after - automated


ENJOY!





1 comment:

  1. 1) You should learn to solder. It's very straightforward, and if you have a Harbor Freight nearby (or something similar), you can pick up a soldering iron for like $4.

    2) You don't have to know how to solder to be able to use an Arduino. There are many boards that are preassembled, and you can just use wire to plug things into a breadboard (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13154 is a great starter kit if you're interested in getting into it)

    3) Your Gran Turismo automation is pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete